Published: May 8, 2020
Skydive Coastal Carolinas
Operational Procedures for Covid-19
The Covid-19 North Carolina Executive Order No. 138; effective May 8, 2020 issued by Gov. Roy Cooper eases restrictions on travel, business operations, and mass gatherings.
Section 3 of the Phase 1 Executive Order allows for most businesses and organizations to be open. After careful review of the guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and this Executive Order; we will be implementing additional protective measures as we resume operations on May 13, 2020.
We are excited to get back into the sky and are committed to the health and safety of our staff, participants and community.
Participants and visitors visiting Skydive Coastal Carolina should understand that skydiving is a close contact sport that may increase your risk of exposure to COVID-19 or any contact disease. While participating as a jumper or visiting in support of a jumper you are voluntarily agreeing to be at the airport and assume any risk of infection.
Some of the extra safety precautions we have implemented are as follows:
- We ask that all staff, participants and visitors be mindful as it relates to public health. Do not visit our location if you are ill or have been exposed to anyone who is ill unless you have been cleared by a medical professional.
- Symptom evaluations will be conducted onsite for staff, jumpers and visitors. All visitors will have their temperature taken and questioned for symptoms such as; headache, sore throat, fever, dry cough, shortness of breath, body aches and fatigue.
- If any member of your party has a temperature or is experiencing flu like symptoms you will be asked to reschedule without penalty. Tandem deposits will remain on your account.
- Handwashing will be emphasized and hand sanitizer dispensers will be available at all doors and before loading onto the aircraft.
- All high-touch areas such as the manifest window, clipboards, waiver room, restrooms, aircraft, skydiving gear and equipment (goggles, jumpsuits, etc.) used by our participants and staff will receive additional cleanings between use and throughout the day. A commercial cleaner will be used to disinfect all surfaces and carpets each evening.
- In addition, all hard surface areas of our aircraft will be cleaned during each re-fueling.
- Signage has been posted limiting the number of people allowed in enclosed spaces. Group reservations will be limited to allow for proper separation inside the hanger and classrooms. Booking timeframes will also be limited to allow for proper cleaning between reservations.
- Capacity of the aircraft is limited to no more than 10 people. If you are interested in reserving the aircraft for only the members in your group please speak to manifest.
- We are following the CDC recommendation regarding face mask and requiring that all visitors to the facility wear a personal facemask. All jumpers are required to be wearing a mask to board our aircraft. If it is determined that you do not have the appropriate face mask to skydive one will be provided to you to ensure this requirement is met.
- Our staff and instructors will wear a face mask indoors at all times when interacting with customers.
- While we always welcome the friends and family of our tandem students and jumpers, we respectfully request that you remain in our outdoor observation area. Only jumpers and students will be permitted inside the hanger.
- Social practices such as high-fives in celebration of skydives will be discouraged.
As we resume operations, please be patient and helpful to our staff in maintaing the new guidelines. We will follow the CDC's lead as well as the recommendations of local and state officials. Skydive Coastal Carolinas will update the above policies as needed. All bullet points are subject to change depending on health official's and skydiving industry recommendations.