Published: July 21, 2014
Laura Mullen is AMAZING! In her 15 year skydiving career, Laura has amassed more than 10,000 skydives, 9 BASE jumps, has become a tandem and AFF instructor, owned her own dropzone and now (fortunately for us) calls Skydive Coastal Carolinas home! Any of our students fortunate enough to have jumped with her are always in for a great treat because of her care and attention to safety and detail. There is no one better than Laura Mullen! Learn more about her in this week's 11 Questions With...
1. What attracted you to skydiving?
LM: The feeling of being able to fly.
2. What influenced you to actually make the phone call?
LM: I was finally tired of waiting for friends to be ready to jump with me.
3. What's your most memorable skydive?
LM: Shooting video for my son's first skydive.
4. What's your favorite place you've skydived?
LM: Here! Amazing people, beautiful scenery and a safe, flat grassy landing area.
5. What other interests do you have outside of skydiving?
LM: Is there anything outside of skydiving???? Art and architecture.
6. What do you like most about skydiving?
LM: The close friendships I've made with everyone here, at Skydive Coastal Carolinas. People here have each others' backs beyond anything I'd ever imagined.
7. What do you like least?
LM: Skygods (arrogant skydivers) and saboteurs.
8. What is something that few people know about you?
LM: I was valedictorian of my high school class, I have a master's degree, I was a terrible skydiving student, and I'm pretty shy and quiet outside the dz.
9. What do you do for work?
LM: I gently push people out of our airplane 7 days per week.
10. If you could do anything as an occupation, what would it be?
LM: I'd be an overpaid and overrated "reality" star... Just kidding.
11. What are your future goals?
LM: To attend my son's wedding in August, to, one day, visit Paris, with my significant person, David, and to assist people in their skydiving pursuits until I am physically unable to do so.