Published: July 21, 2014
About a month ago, Melanie Curtis, Jorge Alonso and our friends at Skydive Carolina were all sitting around the dropzone waiting for the clouds to clear when they had an idea - create a dance, and challenge the rest of the skydiving world to beat them!
They had no idea if anyone would take them up on their challenge - boy did they! Skydiving centers (and manufacturers) from all over the US and Canada have been submitting their productions and some have turned out to be AMAZING!
Here, we rank and show - the TOP 5 VIDEOS of the DropZone Dance Off Challenge!!!
1. Performance Designs - Umm...did PD hire a professional choreographer for this? This was just shy of a Broadway production!
2. Skydive Arizona - dancing... in the pool... in the middle of the desert to Swan Lake or something. #SPECTACULAR!
3. Nouvel Air - Do these people work for Cirque du Soleil? Juggling on 10 foot unicycles and crazy choreography. Who knew Canadians could dance?
4. Chicagoland Skydiving Center - who is the cool DropZone owner that allowed beautiful women to dance on million dollar aircraft?? (oh, he wasn't there... that makes sense!)
5. Skydive Carolina - it's where the sensation started! The first effort was a good one and we give a nod to our neighbors to the west in Charlotte!
Click on the award winning videos to the upper right to watch them on this page!